IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Indecisive [GM Application].

Go down 
AuthorMessage

An Indecisive [GM Application]. Empty
PostSubject: An Indecisive [GM Application].   An Indecisive [GM Application]. Time210Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 pm

Name : Marvin
Time Zone : GMT -8/PST -8
Email : itsmarviinnnn@aol.com and/or xrawrgasm@live.com
IGN : Mouse
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you want to be a GM :
The reason why I want to be a GM is because I am someone of which who has a decent amount of experience in handling the responsibilities and knows the aspects of a Game Master or any other staff position for that matter. I can easily adapt to any situation, and I'm someone of which who studied psychology, so any problems between two or more players, I should be capable of resolving their issues with one another. Since I have studied psychology, though this is the internet, what you say and do, I can more than likely figure out the gist of your persona. In simple terms, I can easily read others. I can commit to any duties/objectives given to me whether it is anything simple like banning hackers, to anything difficult as well. I don't really know what is a difficult duty in the Game Master position. But I do know that being a Game Master is no simple task. I'll do anything to keep this community, fun and friendly. Though it may not be as easy, I'll will do my best. Plus, I don't mind a challenge

What you will do as a GM :
Now I'm not going to state the basic/overused duties of a GM, ie; ban hackers/spammers, host events, etc.. I will take my part in those given duties, since that is mainly what a GM does. But instead of "what I will do as a GM" it's more of "what am I capable of doing as an individual." Now in this circumstance, I can resolve practically all issues between two or more players, if/when necessary. I will contribute my knowledge and do all I can to those who need it. The thing about me is that I won't be hosting tons of events, because that's not a necessity for most GMs, what I mainly aim on doing is making this server a fun, friendly, and fair server to those new&old.

How you can help the server as a GM :
I've stated how I can help the server mainly in-game in the previous two questions, "Why you want to be a GM" & "What you will do as a GM." But I can also help the server in plenty other ways, like promoting it and contributing plenty of eye-catching graphics, and all that jazz. As well as keeping the forums organized, and mannered.

How long you have played IdyllicStory :
I haven't been playing for too long, but I've been trolling the forums from time to time.

How long you play IdyllicStory per day :
I play as often as I can there isn't really a time duration, but an estimated time frame would roughly be 1-2 hours, to do my "busy" lifestyle. But when it matters, I will be as active as I can be.

How long you have played GMS :
I have been acquainted with MapleStory since v.45, or perhaps earlier from what I remember. It has been approx. well over 2 - 3ish years since I actually logged on to gMS. So I know the gist of things within the realm of MapleStory.

What makes you stand out :
Hmm, what makes me stand out? To answer that let's look at a brief explanation of who I am behind the screen. I am someone of which who procrastinates, a lot. But when the job is needed to be done, I'll do my best to complete it. I keep my business issues/goals/objectives separate with my personal issues/goals/objectives. I have a minor OCD, and small things can bother me. Though, I maybe quiet at times, I can be friendly and random, yet harsh and rude. The way I act depends on how you act towards me. Approach me with respect, and you'll gain my respect. "Treat others the way you want to be treated." And I do have ADD, though it is not as major as those who have it as well, but I like to be in motion/active. Yet again, I can be lazier than a a sloth. I am a quick learner, and can easily adapt to anything, especially when it is something of interest. Yep, if there is anything else needed to know, feel free to ask, I don't bite.....that hard. Pretty much a good amount of who I am behind the screen, falls into who I am in-game/forums.

What commands you will mainly use as a GM :
This question is based primarily on the given situation. If there is a conflict between two or more players, and there is enough evidence on who the victim is and the culprit is. The culprit will go through a three step punishment: muting, jailing, and banning (!mute, !jail!, and !ban), but of course there will be previous warning(s) after the muting that will occur. Now in a situation with a potential hacker, I will identify hackers using !cheaters, then I will simply stalk them for a brief moment using !goto, then once I have convinced myself that the culprit is hacking, !ban would take place. And then there is the case of members of the community getting stuck in an area, I'd simply !warp them to henesys. These are just 3 examples of pretty much the commands I would mainly use in a particular situation.

Experience as a GM :
My experience within the any private server staff position goes as follows, I was once a Co-Admin in a particular server known as CareStory, which shut down do to financial issues. I have been a GameMaster in two previously successful servers, CareStory & KawaiiMS both of which shut down, due to financial reasons. I have been a Forum Mod, in CareStory, KawaiiMS & SolarMS, two of which were previously successful, and the other is one with a not so big community, all of them were shut down, due to financial reasons also. And finally I was previously head GFX/GFX leader, in CareStory & FatalMS, but due to financial issues both were shut down. Though my experience within the staff positions may not seem much, I am still capable of the responsibilities given in any aspect of any given staff positions. And since I'm able to adapt to things quickly, there shouldn't be much of an issue. Now if you do not believe my experiences, I can/will provide proof. And my position(s) with CareStory & KawaiiMS, I had to simply work my way up amoung the staff positions.

Will you quit this server if your application is denied? Be honest, this won't hold against you.
No, it is only a staff position. And if I were to quit it'd be due to personal issues, rather then in-game/server issues. Plus "winners never quit."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there is any question feel free to ask. And I would like to thank you for taking your time to read my application. kthxbye[:

Last edited by Indecisive on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Indecisive [GM Application].   An Indecisive [GM Application]. Time210Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Too small. DDD: Can you make the letters bigger? I don't like straining my eyes to read something. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Indecisive [GM Application].   An Indecisive [GM Application]. Time210Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:06 am

Its really 'red' lol.

Make the font size a bit bigger as well because it's pretty hard to read and I have to squint my eyes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Indecisive [GM Application].   An Indecisive [GM Application]. Time210Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:22 am

So organized.
Makes the application really nice.
Lacking some info, but alright.
Good luck and hope you get the spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Indecisive [GM Application].   An Indecisive [GM Application]. Time210Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:54 am

I love this application. Nice going kido. Make the letter bigger too. They make the application look smaller.
Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
Lexii

Female Posts : 2443

PostSubject: Re: An Indecisive [GM Application].   An Indecisive [GM Application]. Time210Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Denied!
Inactive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Indecisive [GM Application].   An Indecisive [GM Application]. Time210

Back to top Go down

An Indecisive [GM Application].
Page 1 of 1