IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Empty
PostSubject: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Yes, this picture doesn't show much effort, but I just thought I'd top off my application with a little something I whipped up on BannedStory.
Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Bannedstory

Name:
Spencer Friday, but you can call me Spen, Spenny, Spenneth, or whatever you want.

20 (Yes, I'm a little old to be playing MS but I enjoy this game and I don't really care what anyone says.)

Time Zone :
Pacific Standard Time

Email :
octoroksarebad@gmail.com (Kudos to you if you understand it Very Happy)

IGN :
Link

How long you have played IdyllicStory:
About 3 weeks ever since early February, but I did play for a while during summer of 2010. I was looking on a PS ranking website where I was lured to the IdyllicStory website and that's where it all started.

How long do you play IdyllicStory per day:

On weekdays, I can play about 6-7 hours, but I'm totally free on weekends and thats when I play longer. (Approximately 9-10 hours; yes, I have no life. Very Happy)

How long you have played GMS:

I have played it for 3 years. I occasionally play it when I'm in need of something to do apart from this and other games; or when I'm experiencing tedium on here. (Which is unusual because there always seems to be something to do)

Why you want to be a GM:
In all honesty, a small portion of the reason that motivates me to make this application to become a GM is to have power; its a human instinct. However, the main reason I'd like (love) to be a GM is to assist this server and anyone and everyone in it; It just feels very pleasant to help likable people This is a great server and it's community deserves a good and loyal GM who can aid anyone in need of assistance or just the answer to a simple question, is trustworthy, and can most definitely tend to the server and contribute of the assistance of keeping the server lively and fun. Apart from that, I additionally want to become a GM because of the recent loss of a GM. The server may not be in total chaos and need a GM as soon as possible, but only Lexii has been on to keep control of the server lately so I believe I would be able to exceed in taking control of hackers or trolls, hosting events, and satisfying people's boredom by keeping the server lively and prospering.

What you will do as a GM:
As a GM, I will succeed in helping people and answering their questions, hosting fun and rewarding events, giving ideas to help the server get more players, and invite people to populate the server even more. I will also strive for excellence; I can be one of the best GMs this server has ever had. (Yes, I know that made me sound like an elitist, but I'm just confident.) Lately, I haven't seen many GMs on, so I could fill one of those spots if you accepted me as a GM. I will exceed my own expectations as well as everyone else's expectations because I am willing to go beyond my limits of being able to be a remarkable GM.

How you can help the server as a GM :
As a GM, I can help this server by doing a wide variety of things. I can answer questions for new people, host events to make people quite joyful, I can help promote voting throughout the community, (Although I'm sure I wouldn't need to because Lexi already does a very outstanding job of promoting voting.) I can ban/jail hackers and trolls, or just hang out. At the time when I become a GM, I will also respect and appreciate all other GMs and act very courteous to other players, as any other well-minded GM would. In augmentation to that, I have come up with some ideas for the server that may have potential to net in people looking for a private server to play.

Here are some of them:

1. More Voting Rewards
I believe this is a great way to net in more players. When people see that they can get those prizes by voting, they will start to vote more without being reminded. This causes the rank to go up, so people browsing for a new private server to play will see IdyllicStory, be interested, and join.

2. More Events and prizes for them
This is a great way to promote new people to start getting into events and it will make them adore the server even more than they already do. This might also aid people craving something to do and might even prevent people who are bored from quitting the server. I have brainstormed ideas of events like Race (Where there is a start and end maps and the first 5 people to make it to the end map get a prize) and Tournament (This is a very rough idea but it is where 2 different people get sent to a PVP map and try to defeat each other; whoever wins the round gets sent to a waiting map for the next round and on the last battle the two combatants receive prizes, whether they won or not. )

3. More commands
Maybe add some commands like @chance (Which gives you a rare random item, kind of like the Pachinko machine and the Coca-Cola Liquid, but can only be used once every 24 hours) or @damagemultiply 2 or 3 (Which multiplies your damage x2 or x3; We have clones already but this is just an alternative)

What makes you stand out :

I am a huge Nintendo fanboy, I'm Polish, and I live in Washington. I'd call myself unique and what not, but then I'd sound like a narcissist. In addition, I can be weird sometimes (this isn't always a bad thing ;D) and I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder, it makes it hard for me to pay attention and I cant sit still.) Aside from this, I am hypoglycemic which makes it hard to control my blood glucose; It is kind of like diabetes but not as bad. It still has affected me throughout my life as I get frequent headaches and sometimes I even pass out if I'm currently unable to raise my blood glucose in time.

What commands you will mainly use as a gm :

Here is a list of commands and reasons why I will use them:

!jail- to throw those pesky trolls and idiots into jail to serve their time for being, well, stupid.

!ban [insertnamehere]- to get rid of hackers, dupers or serious trolls that are sucking the fun out of the server for other players.

!item(is that even a real GM command?) - for my own enjoyment and for getting prizes for event winners.

!connected- To check up on how many people are on at the time

!cheaters - To see the dumb people who might be hacking, so they can be dealt with.

!mute - To prevent spammers and annoying people temporarily (or permanently)
from talking ever again.

!say - To make announcements to the members of IdyllicStory.

!event - To host events like Fashion Shows, Jump Quests, or Hide and Seek

!warp - To warp to certain locations, to find out if someone is hacking or just to go to the map where the majority of players currently are.

Have you been GM before? (Proof) :

I was a GM on a somewhat unpopulated server, however I have no proof of it so I am unable to gain any recognition for this. Although this may not support my cause, I have been an administrator on some other games (Like CS:S) which I did an outstanding job of.

Will you quit this server if your application is denied?:

No, the thought of that wouldn't even cross my mind; This server is quite fun and although it would upset me just a bit if my application was denied or someone else was picked instead of me, I would just get over it and keep playing and wait for a new GM spot to open up.

Well, this concludes my application. Please consider me as a GM and thank you for taking the time to view my application! You deserve a cookie.

Note: Some of you may remember as "Generate" from a while ago. I was a huge jerk-off sometimes so I apologize for any jerk-offness I may have inflicted upon you.

Last edited by Link on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 am; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : added a lot more info, more color, added a picture, and yes i've edited it a lot)
Back to top Go down

Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Decent application.
However, you should add more information.
But, Good Luck on the Spot !
Hope You make it !

-Dean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:04 am

Pocky wrote:
Decent application.
However, you should add more information.
But, Good Luck on the Spot !
Hope You make it !

-Dean
Can you be more specific? I really don't see anything wrong with it, but I'll try to fix it up as best as I can.

Edit: Nevermind. I see my mistake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:47 am

Link wrote:

Note: Some of you may remember as "Generate" from a while ago. I was a huge jerk-off sometimes so I apologize for any jerk-offness I may have inflicted upon you.

Oh dear, I remember.. Everybody diserves a second chance though I think. Kudos for your apology Smile

Edit: & Good luck with your app
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:54 am

Thank you for forgiving me and giving me a second chance.
Also, thanks for the nice comment Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:47 am

Good application, you're being nice and honest, and although that's not always a good thing, it helps your cause. Although I see a few extremely minute gramatical errors, I doubt most people will notice them. Best of luck on getting the position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Josh wrote:
Good application, you're being nice and honest, and although that's not always a good thing, it helps your cause. Although I see a few extremely minute gramatical errors, I doubt most people will notice them. Best of luck on getting the position.
Thanks for telling me, it means a lot. I tried to look for as many as I could, and I saw a few so I fixed them.

-Link Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:27 am

Good Job on the edit !
Once again, good luck ! (:

-Dean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't mean to act desperate and bump this so abruptly, but I added a lot of more information into my application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:47 am

Thats really good to hear !
I'm glad you try to put effort into this application.

-Dean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:45 am

Thanks ;D
I kind of slacked off on it at first but then I realized that I needed to put way more effort into it to even consider becoming a GM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:58 am

Of Course .
You always should improve.
If you improve, you never know, you might become a GM (:

-Dean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:09 am

True. Well, thank you for the nice comments and I hope you get that forum mod spot :p

Edit: Way more information ;D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:21 pm

link for GM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:13 am

thanos wrote:
link for GM
Thanks man Very Happy
Good luck on your GM app too
Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
Lexii

Female Posts : 2443

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Accepted!
Welcome to the staff team!

Edit by Lexii :
Demoted, Quited (Personal reasons)
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)   Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D) Time210

Back to top Go down

Link's GM Application (Updated, tons more info, more detailed questions ;D)
Page 1 of 1