IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Game Master Application] MichoDwab

Go down 
+3
Hated
Date
MichoDwab
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MichoDwab
Noob
MichoDwab

[Game Master Application] MichoDwab Empty
PostSubject: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:05 am

Name : Mike

Time Zone : Eastern Standard Time

Email : mikeeed@Hotmail.ca

IGN : MichoDwab

How long you have played IdyllicStory :

I have played IdyllicStory since late October. So as of the time that I posted my application, I have played for over three weeks.
But I have been lurking the forums for several months now.

How long you play IdyllicStory per day :

I play IdyllicStory as much as possible every day. My parents are strict on my gaming; therefore, I may not spend an extensive period of time on IdyllicStory. If I cannot be found in-game, you can frequently find me on the forums.
As well as this, I currently play IdyllicStory and Minecraft. At the moment, I spend most of my computer time on Minecraft. If I were to receive a moderating position on IdyllicStory, I would spend much more of my computer time on Idyllic because I know it would take more effort and time.

How long you have played GMS :

I played GMS for a few years – up to the point right before v75 was released. So I have lots of experience with v55 and v62.

Why you want to be a GM :

I would like to be a GM to do a few things…

Moderating the server involves several things.
I would help catch hackers, thus leading to a better and more enjoyable game play for the players of IdyllicStory, and ridding those who would only like to damage this server.
Another reason as to why I want to be a GM is to teach people right from wrong. By this, I do not mean specifically telling people their personality is ‘wrong’, but teaching people that spamming and abusing is wrong. I would teach them that this is a wrong thing to do, and I would ensure that they do not spam/abuse something again by jailing them.

I would introduce new players to Idyllic. Surely many players already do this, but it would be a lot simpler for me if I were a staff member. It would be simpler because I would have the trust of the new player, and, as a staff member, I would know more about the server (e.g. drop rate of a certain item).

Events are a very, very fun aspect of servers. I always love hosting events on every server I have ever played, and being capable of hosting events on this server would be great! Also, I understand, from talking with players, that GMs are less active than they were during summer. Because GMs are less active, events are hosted less and less often.

The final reason as to why I wish to be a GM is to have more authority. With more authority, players will listen to me, and I will be able to have influence on server decisions – and I will also be able to help polish the server up (e.g. grammar mistakes in an NPC).

What you will do as a GM :

As a GM, I will do what I have listed above:
Ban hackers, jail spammers and abusers, host events, ensure that players are being amused and help polish up the server. I know that I have not been playing the server for an extremely long time, but I know the currencies, the NPCs, etc., and I can help players with my knowledge.
I also have several suggestions for the server which I believe may benefit it.
As a GM, I could also help advertise IdyllicStory as I understand it has lost many players ever since summer ended. One way that I plan to advertise this server is on RageZone.

How you can help the server as a GM :

With every new players and staff member, something new is added to the server – something that only that individual can bring to it! I believe that I have a lot to offer, and I will help the server by offering this. I can be very fun and playful, so I can give the players something to do (talk, play, train). I will also be able to help players who are in need of aid on the chatbox. I know most of how Maplestory works (.wz files, how to download) and I believe that I could be of great aid on the chatbox. I can also help the server by continually jailing/banning wrongdoers. As well as all of this, I believe that there are currently no staff members in the Eastern Standard Time zone (which is the one I am in), so I would be online while some staff members are not.

I also believe that being a staff member would make playing IdyllicStory much more enjoyable.

What makes you stand out :

I stand out because I am mature, but I can also be very playful, which is what I believe a staff member should be. If I am promoted to a position of staff, I would not abuse the privilege; instead, use this privilege to its fullest. I would not do anything to sabotage any server – especially Idyllic. I am quick and keen learner, if there is something I must learn, I would definitely, at the least, try to learn it. I, like many others, can also use BannedStory! I am very familiar with it as I use it all the time. I can also make ‘nooby’ banners and icons which are bad, but good to me because I have low standards when it comes to GFX.

What commands you will mainly use as a gm :

!cheaters:
!ban <ign> <reason>:
!jail:
!say <message>:
!warp <player’s IGN>:
!hide/!unhide:
!item <id>:
!event:
!remindvote:
There are definitely other commands that I would use as a GM, but these are the ones I would use the most.

Have you been GM before (Proof) :

I have been a staff member before, but I would prefer not to post which server I was a staff member on or the proof. If my application is considered, and this information if preferred, and Lexi requests it I will provide it.

Are you able to follow all the GM rules that IdyllicStory has and are you mentally and emotionally strong enough to handle the strictness and meanness of the owner?

Well, firstly, there are no written rules that IdyllicStory has. But I am certain that there are rules for staff members, and I would definitely follow these rules. I am mentally and emotionally strong enough to handle the ‘strictness’ and ‘meanness’ of the owner. On the server that I was a staff member on, I felt pressure to do well, and the owner was not necessarily strict or mean, but (s)he had standards.

Will you quit this server if your application is denied? Be honest, this won't hold this against you.

No, I would definitely not quit the server. From what I have seen in the recently accepted GM applications, their applications were up for 2-3 months before they were accepted. In that time, I believe that I would be extremely integrated with the server.

Some side notes:
I could have written more, but then this application would have become rather boring.
Good luck to all other applicants!
Also, I know that I am not extremely well-known in the server, but I have met several people, I am social and if I were to become a staff member I am confident I would meet many new people.

Back to top Go down
Date
Forum freak
Date

Female Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Very detailed, very nice. (: Loving the effort you put into your this app. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
MichoDwab
Noob
MichoDwab

PostSubject: Re: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:53 am

Date wrote:
Very detailed, very nice. (: Loving the effort you put into your this app. Good luck!

Thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks!
Cool
Back to top Go down
Hated
Donator
Donator
Hated

Female Posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:27 am

very detailed (long) o-o Lmao well it looks great hope you get the gm job!
Back to top Go down
[MM]Noob
Idyllicer
[MM]Noob

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:07 pm

What can I say...u really want to be a GM u can see it by the tons of details!
Good Luck!!
Back to top Go down
http://idyllicstory.com
forever.stars
Idyllicer
forever.stars

Female Posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Good luck mich. F3.

Tis is Michi.
Back to top Go down
http://michiiiko.deviantart.com/
Clarah
Noob
Clarah

Female Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:56 am

Good luck Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
Lexii

Female Posts : 2443

PostSubject: Re: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:08 am

Denied!
Inactive
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Game Master Application] MichoDwab   [Game Master Application] MichoDwab Time210

Back to top Go down

[Game Master Application] MichoDwab
Page 1 of 1