IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Squish/Squishers Gm Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Squish/Squishers Gm Application Empty
PostSubject: Squish/Squishers Gm Application   Squish/Squishers Gm Application Time210Fri May 06, 2011 9:14 am

My application will be colour/color coded.
Red will be the question or the GM application Format.
Blue will be my answers.

Name:Daniel(Some people call me Daniella)

Time Zone:GMT -4

Email:kay911kay@hotmail.com (Please try not to spam this email)

IGN:[Donor]Squish

How long you have played IdyllicStory :

Currently, as of today (Friday,May 06, 2011) I have played exactly 7 days.
I realize this is just about the minimum amount of days before you can post a gm application, but I also realize that I know the server quite well.

How long you play IdyllicStory per day :

On average I play IdyllicStory for about 5-7 hours. Everyday my playing time varies, but I can guarantee I will most likely log on at least once a day.
If not I will most likely go on xat or state a reason earlier for my inactivity.

My reasons could be:

~Graduation
~Assignments
~Projects
~Finding a job
~My volunteer hours

Although most of these are rare cases, so you will most likely see me online(On xat or the game)

How long have you been playing GMS:

I have been playing GMS since 2007, about 4 years now.
Other than GMS I have played MSEA since 2006, so I have missed GMS in 2005-2006 when it was in its alpha/beta stage.

Why you want to be a GM :

I have several reasons for why I want to be a GM. I believe this server needs more GMs with different timezones. As well as having GMs that can play for a longer period of time.

My most important reason is that I wish to bring myself to a higher rank within IdyllicStory. Not in a way of fame or as a celebrity, but more of a way so I can do more without being held back by the limits of normal players, for example, stopping disputes. Normally, normal players can't really solve it, unless they use verbal harassment. Although, by bringing myself to a higher rank of a GM, I can and will
use my power and knowledge as a GM to solve most problems.

My other reason as said in my 1st paragraph would be timezones. As of know and what I know after my 7 days of playing, we have:

1 Owner
1 Admin
3 Super GMs (Previously 4)
3 Donor GMs

of the total of 8,
I have only seen
on average 4-5 GMs online within my playing period.
Later on during the day, I see about 2 GMs and they are most likely
away from keyboard, and simply left there character online.

During that period, new players usually joins or someone asks for help/has a question, while they look for a GM and spot one, they end up spamming their name several times without response, then the players have to wait a few hours for a GM to come online or come back.

What you will do as a GM :

As a GM I will:

1.Try to keep the server looking active
(Every now and then the server looks very inactive, no one talks or does anything)

2. Ban hackers, especially hackers that don't play in the same timezone as most GMs.
I played in a server before where we could use only a few selected hacks, it was a v55 server, but I know what most hacks are.

3.Ban/Mute/Jail, I shall do all 3 of those, although there is something you should know as you are reading this. I give out warnings to them, some people say thats a bad thing, but I believe in warnings as they help out newcomers realize what the rules are.
Although, I will not give out warnings to hackers, that is for sure.

4.Help out new players, I realize we cannot give them items or level them up. Although when I say helping them out, I mean answering their questions, which I already do on normal basis.

5.Host events every now and then. I know we have tons of events daily already, but I don't really like hosting events to often, also unlike most GMs I would like to host Hide and Seeks, which within my 7 days of playing, I have not seen a single GM host that.

(Although I am not sure if Hide and Seek is banned on this server, but I guess I will find out after I post this new thread/topic)

How you can help the server as a GM:

As a GM other than those I previously listed above. I can give inspiration, be friends with everyone. I believe this is a fact, if you have some really important friends on a server, they will most likely not quit. Instead those that have not quit will be new players that will start making our community grow.
Currently, I am in the beginning of making videos, I can possibly advertise our server, by doing so, and I believe this server will be the perfect test for my practice.

What makes you stand out :

I believe I am almost your typical person, but I do have my unique points.
I am a person full of mysteries, I never properly answer someones question if its about me, I leave them questioning, wondering, and curious. I enjoy making friends as well, no matter how different they are from me or if I had a past grudge on them, I would always welcome them. As said a few paragraphs ago, I am a very forgiving person. I always give out warnings and chances, unless they hack of course.

What commands you will mainly use as a gm :

I only know a few commands for the GM as most servers have different commands, but they usually have common ones.
Here is a list of some that I know of and will most likely use:
~!Jail/Unjail
~!Ban
~!Connected
~!Mute
~!Notice
~!Say
~!Warp

There are probably tons more commands in the server, but these are the ones I know best and well.

Have you been GM before (Proof) :

No, I have not been a GM before.
The closest I was to a GM was an Intern on a server called Akai back in 2009.
The only powers I had were warp, jail, and mute, I believe.
It was also a donation status, so it wasn't anything to special.
I do not have proof but, I do have a picture of me back then.

Will you quit this server if your application is denied? Be honest, this won't hold this against you.

I don't really mind, I just wanted to do this to become a better role within the server. I will probably try again, when I think I am ready but not to many times that everyone will get annoyed. I will know when the server needs me or not, and those will be the times when I come and try again. I will remain who I am and just as active. (I don't really have anything better to do)

I realize it doesn't have a lot of colour/color, but I don't see the use of to much colour/color, as I want it to be formal, and plain like a resume.

Please leave your criticism below, and I will respond to it and edit my topic to make it look better if I have to.

Try not to spam, also if you are going to support or not support, please type @support or @dis-support and your reason if possible.

Enjoy Reading.

Last edited by kay911kay on Sat May 07, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: @support   Squish/Squishers Gm Application Time210Sat May 07, 2011 10:54 pm

I support Squish because he/she is a really good person. He helped me a lot in another server we play and he is the one who host a lot of player events to keep our last server interested. His account got glitched so he moved here. He has help many people before and he will do it again. End of case
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squish/Squishers Gm Application   Squish/Squishers Gm Application Time210Sat May 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks TimmyPham1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squish/Squishers Gm Application   Squish/Squishers Gm Application Time210Sat May 07, 2011 11:19 pm

I support Squish cuz he's a really good friend and helps me a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
Lexii

Female Posts : 2443

PostSubject: Re: Squish/Squishers Gm Application   Squish/Squishers Gm Application Time210Wed May 25, 2011 7:10 am

Denied!
Inactive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squish/Squishers Gm Application   Squish/Squishers Gm Application Time210

Back to top Go down

Squish/Squishers Gm Application
Page 1 of 1