IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brandon's GM Application!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Want to give Brandon a shot?
Yes!
Brandon's GM Application! I_vote_lcap56%Brandon's GM Application! I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
No.
Brandon's GM Application! I_vote_lcap44%Brandon's GM Application! I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Brandon's GM Application! Empty
PostSubject: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Name : Brandon Valmores

Time Zone : Eastern Time Zone

Email : brandonvalmores@live.com

IGN : Brandon

Why you want to be a GM : My reasons of becoming a GM are plain and simple. First, on a personal level. When I was first introduced to private servers, it was very hard for me to get the hang of everything. The commands used to drive me nuts! Embarassed Still, the GMs managed to give up some of their time for me, and I'd like to do the same for others. (NooBMS) Recently, I've seen a lot of new players that have had problems, and I'd like to help them by showing them where things are and getting them familiar with IdyllicStory in general. Also, I'd like to put an end to those dupers, spammers, etc. because I'm sick of them getting away with what they're doing. IdyllicStory life is somewhat quiet, and sometimes it gets boring. Yes, it is an amazing server, but I'd like to expand the fun! That being said, I'd love to host events regularly to satisfy the needs of the community. These are the reasons why I'd like to become a staff member of IdyllicStory.

What you will do as a GM : In short, I'd ban/jail players that disobey the rules depending on the situation, help new players in need of assitance, and I'd regularly host events to keep the players interested in the server. First, the bad players.
  • Dupers are players that create duplicates of their items. This is not fair to other players that have to work hard for their items, and that is why it is not allowed. (BAN)
  • Hackers are players who exceed the standards by breaking the rules. I can spot out different types of hackers, like swim hackers, maxed damage hackers, and god mode hackers. I'd take a screenshot of proof before the ban. (BAN)
  • Spammers are players who consistently type phrases over and over, usually to tick off another person. I'd firmly tell the spammer to stop spamming, and give the player three warnings. (JAIL or !mute)
If I do become a GM, I'd try my best to stop these types of players from re-surfacing. And then, there are the occasional new players that ask questions similar to "Where do I train at level 62 with 0 rebirths?" or "How do I get this specific item?". If a player asks, I'd be glad to answer, whether it be in whisper, in a smega, or in regular chat. I'm available most of the time I'm online, unless I go to the bathroom, check on the forums, or something of the sort. I rarely go "away from keyboard", unless it's urgent. As for the fun, I'd host events periodically, no more than four per day. Oh, not to mention that I have some ideas for new events up my sleeve. Wink Some include team jump quests, "name that item", and team fashion shows; hopefully they'll become regulars.
  • TJQ - consists of a team of two players, where each player chalkboards their partner. The team of two must successfully complete the jump quest together to win. If this event were to occur, I, or other GMs available, would watch over to prevent cheating.
  • NTI - a quick single player event, where the host of the event drops an item, and the players have to guess what the item is. For example, if I hosted the event and dropped a slime bubble, the players would have to yell out "slime bubble" and the first to guess correctly would win. (The drops would obviously be much less common. Razz)
  • TFS - consists of a team of two players, where the team has to try their best to fit the theme. The themes would be team related, like "celebrity couples" or "brother and sister".
Other than that, I'm thinking about holiday events. Not much to explain, other than they'd be regular events, but based on the given holiday. Some examples include a Thanksgiving scavenger hunt, a Halloween fashion show, or a Christmas true or false. Everything aside, no, I will not give away items to friends for free without a purpose, and no, I won't train other players. I know it's not allowed with GM status.

How you can help the server as a GM : I already vote every 12 hours and have told my real/GMS friends about IdyllicStory without GM status. Other than that, I'd ban/jail players that break the rules, help the newly recruited, and maybe donate in the future. (No, I'm not rich so don't go asking me to donate $500. Razz)

How long you have played IdyllicStory : A little over a month, and counting! Within that time, I've gotten to know most of the players of Idyllic. (Yes, I'm approachable if you'd like to meet me in-game. Very Happy)

How long you play IdyllicStory per day : I'm online everyday, from 10 to 16 hours.

How long you have played GMS : I have played GMS for 4 years, quitting from time to time, and have played private servers for about a year and a half.

What makes you stand out : One that I'm sure of, is that I absolutely do not let my emotions get the best of me. When in an argument, which rarely occurs, I state my opinion and end it there. I do not go further as to say stupid remarks that only hurt the other player and make him/her backfire. I can also speak a few other languages; Spanish, Italian, and Tagalog. (I'm fluent in English, if you haven't noticed. rabbit) I'm very friendly to those that approach me, even if I have no idea who they are. I don't mind expanding the size of my buddy list. Wink Another? I'm known to persevere. If I'm ever given a hard to task to complete, I don't throw in the towel. Yes I make mistakes, but in the end, I will complete what I am told to do. "Quitters never win and winners never quit." Cool Lastly, I'm good at reporting dupers. I've observed them a whole lot and have experienced them first hand. (I've helped out Lexii a couple of times.) Here's some proof: https://idyllicstory.forumotion.net/ban-appeal-f8/i-get-ban-t1389.htm Cool So yeah.

What commands you will mainly use as a GM :

!cheaters - to help figure out if a player is hacking or not.
!ban - to ban hackers that don't follow the rules, after getting a screenshot.
!jail - to jail a player that doesn't follow the rules.
!mute - to mute a spammer after three warnings.
!dc - to d/c a player during an event.
!event - to host an event.
!givedisease - to seduce players to the wall.
!item - to make an item.
!map - to go to a specific map.
!warp - to go to someone that asks for help.
!warphere - to warp someone to me.
!say - to announce something to everyone.
!gmshop - to make me look pretty. Razz

Experience as a GM : I have been a co-owner for SmearMS, and I learned the basics of GM commands from it. Yes, I sometimes turn to my command guide; I'm certainly not perfect. Neutral I, also, have helped "spy" on questionable hackers and dupers for other private servers I've played. I'm also known to "smega help" for players that do not require the use of a GM.

Will you quit this server if your application is denied? Be honest, this won't hold against you.

No, I wouldn't quit if my application was denied because I've made way to many friends and I don't plan on disappointing them by leaving. Also, leaving IdyllicStory because of rejection basically tells the community, "I never really cared; I just wanted to become a GM for show", and I'm not that type of person. In the end, I am very lucky to have come across IdyllicStory, and I know I'll stay here for quite a while.

Thanks for reading my application! Regards,
Brandon.
I love you

Last edited by ImBrandon on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:09 pm; edited 35 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed grammar errors, added in information, and had to update how long I've played.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:04 pm

A good application. It has a good size, it shows effort. Good luck on getting the spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks Nuno! Every opinion counts. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Especially good ones! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Well organised.
Very neat.
Great Application
9/10.
I'll give you some mistakes for you to correct Very Happy

Fragment :
Recently, I've seen a lot of new players that have had problems, and I'd like to help them
(Tell others in what way you would like to help them. Helping them could say that to answer questions or lead a tour to let them understand more about idyllic!)

Wrong word :

I'd ban/jail players that disobey the rules

Illegal Explanation :
Dupers are players who packet edit their files to create duplicates of their items
(I guess you shouldnt give people a "hint" on how to dupe.

Wrong Add. Info :

faces the consequences required

Thats all that i would like to say.
Good luck Brandon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Thank you Snow for the grammar tips, fixed most of them. Except for disobey; it's a real world and I believe I used it correctly. Razz

Last edited by ImBrandon on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Nice application, it's quite lengthy!

Hope you get the spot Brandon. c;
Good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Thank you Stephy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 am

Brandon if you do make it to a GM role.
Im coming back just for you. I know you will make a remarkable GM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:25 am

Thanks Tommy! Hopefully I make it, so you'll come back. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:14 am

I love this application.
It's organized and well thought out.
I can tell you took your time on this.
Great job man.
Good luck and hope you get the spot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:06 am

Thank you Vince! I guess the 3 hours of typing was worth it. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:09 am

Quote :
IdyllicStory life has also become somewhat bland, and sometimes boring. Yes, it is an AMAZING server, but I'd like to expand the excitement.
Thats why they need an amazing coder like me ~.0

For some reason I knew your were gonna apply. Very Happy You are very active I hope to see you become a gm. Good luck man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:26 pm

Thank you Smear! Good luck on your coder application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:06 pm

GL on the spot brandon nice app i like it btw i love ur avatar ^^ anyway gl on the spot <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:20 am

Thanks Markus, and isn't Luigi hot. :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:17 pm

woot good app. its long and good hope u get the spot

SMEXYJENNY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Thanks Jenny!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Love it   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:39 pm

This is a kinky 'nd cool GM application! <3
Hope you get to be gm, that would be awesome!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Thanks SANDER. And kinky? Razz

Last edited by ImBrandon on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: mohaha   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:04 pm

yesh kinkeh!

my irl name is Sander btw <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Edited the comment. Why'd you make your forum name and in-game name Edward? Shocked Lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 am

Great application Brandon! Shows how much effort and time you've put into this application. I hope you get the job and see you in game.

-Drino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 am

Thank you for the support Drino!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:38 am

gl mate hope you make it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brandon's GM Application!   Brandon's GM Application! Time210

Back to top Go down

Brandon's GM Application!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next