IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Instructions for making a custom map edit.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Instructions for making a custom map edit. Empty
PostSubject: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:58 am

PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU HAVE A VIRUS AND SUCH! OR ELSE I WILL NOT HELP YOU

Hey Idyllic Players!

Hey guys Mike here with a tutorial on how to make your very own custom map edit,you will need these stuff to start our tutorial!

PLEASE DO A SCAN FIRST! 1 OUT OF THE 4 FILES HAS TROJAN, VIRUS!!! SCAN FIRST FOR PROTECTION!
HaCreator : http://www.mediafire.com/?mujwmmcjzfj
KoolkBreaker : http://www.mediafire.com/?zzk2lc0z3zg
MapEditor : http://www.mediafire.com/?m0ymjynzyz1
HaRepacker(A repack for HaCreator) : http://www.mediafire.com/?2jwnyqmtykj
I have made these links, And they should work.

Instructions for making a custom map edit. Apae6o

Any of the three map maker systems are optional, you can use either HaCreator, MapEditor, and KoolkBreaker!

If you are using HaCreator You might want to have these files seen in the picture below.

Instructions for making a custom map edit. 2nhdrap

In overall In my opinion I think HaCreator is good for map making.

New Paragraph! Time for the tricky part or something like that. If you opened up HaCreator, MapEditor or KoolkBreaker without any experience in them, you are a complete IDIOT! (Just Kidding!)

If you opened one of the 3 of them BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR MAPLESTORY OFF OR IT WONT START!!!

Instructions for making a custom map edit. 24gn0jn

The picture with [...] means you have to open your regular v62/v75 files.

And the lil box thing with GMS means You are using Global MapleStory to execute your files and making them.
You can change GMS into..

EMS
KMS
and BMS

This is what officially HaCreator looks like, Its a bit gray but bear with me you will get used to it.

Instructions for making a custom map edit. 2utq6fr

Done know what the buttons at the top does?

Here is a directory that I made.
Cursor : The Cursor command is just like the everyday cursor that moves stuff and etc.
FootHold Cursor : You can move footholds that are nailed to the tiles, Excellent for mountain maps.
FootHolds : Link the footholds together to make your character/avatar actually move in that map? A MUST HAVE!
Anchor : Create New Footholds so your character can walk on new grounds and such.
Portal : A Portal. Go through map to map, I suggest you take notes on the portal scripts, its pretty hard keeping track on them.
Chair : Make a chair spot so you can sit anywhere!
Ladder/Rope : Link up ropes/ladders so you CAN CLIMB ALL DA WAY!
Tiles : Your ground. Of course, Read FootHolds before you read this! You have to link the footholds to 1 side to another side. E.X [Foothold------------------------Foothold]
Object : Add some objects like a trashcan, You can also find chair sprites and ropes/ladder sprites in the Objects command.
Mob : Monsters, You have to link the footholds 1 by 1 to activate them
NPC : NPCs, Your Non-Player Controlled people, You can put them anywhere, You have to put the in 1 side to another side just like Tiles
Edit Portal : Edit your portals to make sure the scripts are right!
Reactor : Those boxes where you hit em and they break which shows items! Optional.

There will be a slight problem in Saving your WZ edit and it takes a bit of time.

Instructions for making a custom map edit. V7ab1s

XML/WZ
Which is better?
If you want to waste some time and you have to do homework then choose WZ, which takes up about an hour or 2 just for it to save.
If your a lazy ass and cant wait for an hour or 2 then just click XML, Its faster and its PORTABLE! (Not really).

The picture with 910000000 means that, that is the map location you want your map to be, 9100000000 is the FM.
the picture with 100000000 I do not even know lol. I think it is something that teles you back to Henesys or something?

Now Since I'm running out of space here Its time for me to say good bye and HAVE FUN MAKING MAPS!!!!

(If you guys copyright this thread I will shove a crocket up your fucking ass til you bleed)

Please sticky this and comment.
Best regards to you guys who never made this thing possible!

Sincerely,
ThisIsMike(Mike)

Copyright List:
Crisi

Last edited by ThisIsMike on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:01 am

-Reserved-
If I am missing valuable information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:01 am

-Reserved-
If I am missing valuable information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:32 am

Nice looks awsome for other users to use to help create maps xD nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:11 am

Link fail.
All links move you to HaCreator.rar. But thanks for the tips, now im gonna try and make a map! just gonna be a bunch of platforms prob >_>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:48 pm

@Jasqua
Its not a link fail, if you download it it has hacreator, koolkbreaker, and mapeditor, i made it into a 3 in folder that i forgot to change the name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Update,
Made Links into separate files to clear off confusion.
Back to top Go down
Lexii.
Administrator
Administrator
Lexii.

Female Posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 am

Nice Smile thanks for this
Back to top Go down
https://idyllicstory.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:30 am

Excellant guide.
Kindda wordy that makes me scared. LOLS
But this guide could help me alot since i likes to create maps.
Thanks a million! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Trojan   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:04 am

There's a Trojan in the Kooler file.
Detected by Kaspersky:
Instructions for making a custom map edit. Trojan10
Criticality Level:High
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:54 am

dafire911189 wrote:
There's a Trojan in the Kooler file.
Detected by Kaspersky:
Instructions for making a custom map edit. Trojan10
Criticality Level:High

Well that never happened before o-o, Try using Norton 360 AntiVirus and there wont be a Trojan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Ehh, it wont let me place npcs with HaCreator?? How to do so???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 am

@Jasqua, I suggest you PM me your question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:56 pm

Norton is worse then Kaspersky >.< But ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Error   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Im getting an error when I try to use HaCreator.. the [...] thing is confusing D;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:20 pm

lol gabe u downloaded it and made a women
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: HaCreator   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:12 pm

How do you flip tiles? So instead of them being one way, its flipped around... uhmm how do I explain it.. you know what I mean right? Like if you have an edge sticking out of the right side of the tile, and you flip it, the edge will be sticking out of the left side?...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Yeah, I disabled norton cause it blows ass.

Nice guide, very helpful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Same problem.
Unable to use HaCreator.
No idea why.
And, i dont really know the usable of Koolk-Breaker.
I need a more specific tutorial. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hi   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Hey mike,i was with you in game,remember me,coolga,i used to use Ha-Creator,but i want to try Map Editor,each time i click it,it says the program is require .net framework 2.0 or higher,i do have 3.5,and it does not work?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: hacreator   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:40 pm

I WANT A LINK WITH NO TROJANS if u can ty If you won't *starts begging* please please please mister?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:35 pm

guys if hacreator dont work,then download just the mapeditor link n press mapeditor.exe and u will be able to use it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 am

Thanks for the link, I really needed this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:37 am

nvm ;x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:27 am

okay so, i made a custom map,
2 things i struggle with;
I cant seem to get ladders and ropes right, you need, just like walking platforms, to anchor it and stuff right? I cant click that icon thing o.o

and when I put the map.wz I just made in my maple map, IdyllicMS wont work anymore, how can I fix this?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instructions for making a custom map edit.   Instructions for making a custom map edit. Time210

Back to top Go down

Instructions for making a custom map edit.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next