IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do YOU play Maplestory?

Go down 
+7
Jenni
FriedEggs
IcyTouch
Lexii
Korg
Vĩńčęńт
Octo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Octo
Donator
Donator
Octo

Male Posts : 223

Why do YOU play Maplestory? Empty
PostSubject: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:48 pm

Tell us about Maplestory, how you got into it and why you play it?

The first time i saw Maplestory was at my cousins home when i was about 13 years old.
I really enjoyed the game. (till level 10)
After that training was a hell and i got bored really fast.
The highest level i got without the big bang update was lvl 35 and with the big bang update lvl 43.

My cousin told about the private servers too which i enjoyed really much.
A year later i joined EMS wich just sucked and i quitted that pretty fast.
Then i quitted maplestory for about 2-3months and got back into private servers again.

Back to top Go down
Vĩńčęńт
Donator
Donator
Vĩńčęńт

Male Posts : 106

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:25 am

I first saw Maplestory when I saw my brother playing it one day a few years back. Before Big Bang, I got bored of it. THEN Big Bang hit, and I was able to get to level 128. Then I stopped before the 6th Anniversary.
Back to top Go down
http://idyllicstory.forum.net
Korg
Donator
Donator
Korg

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:39 am

When I was eight years old my cousins showed it to me on a birthday. I didn't understand anything of it but my brother who was also still pretty young downloaded it with me. Than we started playing at the first year of maplestory. I was looking up to lvl 40 mages. Razz I was like a lvl 11 bowman was took me ages. Lately I grew older with maplestory and understood the game more. I became higher. Also some of my brothers friends began to play. It was alot fun back than when they all played. Now I am the only one left of all those people who still plays it.

Lol octo your not a really good lvler are you? Razz I wasn't either when I was little. I had a lvl 53 assassin when there was no big bang. I think I already made it 60+. After the bigbang I made many chars. Now my highest is lvl 103 what still isn't that high actually.

I grew up with maplestory.
Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
Lexii

Female Posts : 2443

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 am

First started playing thanks to joy cause she told my sister about this game I was about 12-13 years (2005-2006) old and about 6 months later i got my first 30k nx when It was still special cause you couldnt buy those maplestory game cards yet, i spend it on my second character ever made (my first was a warrior got stuck at level 19 in sleepywood so i quited that character) it was a bandit Named sweetpumpkin and bought clothes, hair and a pink bunny, got sick of my bandit at level 36 and kinda made a extra account just for fun but i ended up playing that one for the rest of my GMS life, a character named Oesima and i ended up getting it to level 93 hermit and spend in total of 700+ euro on NX with a amount of 21 pets (dont ask) i quited GMS when KOC came out cause I hated the changed they did to the server so i managed to say maplestory clean for 1 year till my best friend irl forced me to play a private server with her which failed cause i used to suck at downloading pserver cause i didnt know shit so i got pissed off and searched for another pserver named idyllicstory (gabes idyllic) A v62 server with a amount of 7 players online, i stayed cause i got spoiled by a male GM who gave me stuff and he ended up getting demoted because of me (Im sorry aaron) when he allowed me to play his character i kinda abused it i guess A few days after that i applied for GM (didnt know what a gm did but okay) and 6 days after i got accepted which felt like a month to me but i was happy and thats where it all started, the server got popular and someone teached me how to map edit and i got into wz editing, that idyllicstory managed to stay online for 1 year total max amount of played was 130+ online (in that time period i got demoted once, rehired and promoted to Admin and then co owner, i couldnt blame him cause i did almost everything ingame for him other then coding cause i didnt know how to back then, so gabe decided to put the server on VPS which ended everyone in getting a item wipe and leave his server without someone owning it 1 month before it got shut down cause no one paid for VPS anymore so it kinda ended there, i stopped playing maplestory for about 2 month (i still wz edited) but i wanted to test my wz edits ofcourse on another server and i found Booms, a server that already stole 3 wz edits from me that made me go there in the first place and raged at everyone around there but i actually ended up playing there for a few months cause i also got spoiled by male GMs there, so i applied for GM (probably a month before the server shutted down i got accepted cause duh i got a killed beast app and it only took that long cause people found me rude and arrogant) and got demoted a few weeks after that cause i told the owner that i had my own server going on in beta, ill tell you the story for that right now when i got a GM job in booms the owner didnt allow me to test all the new items i made in my wz edits so i kinda started making my own server named lexiistory to test my wz edits on there, ofcourse i invited like 10 people to play in my beta lexiistory when someone changed my mind in putting it online (never planned on putting lexiistory online) about a few weeks editing lexiistory beta i renamed it to idyllicstory when i got permission from gabe to use the same name and putting it online for everyone to play my server I still continue wz editing everyday, quited booms cause i got demoted and a month after that (or something) it shutted down, and here am i today as a owner of a private server this was my whole story about maplestory and no, i dont like maplestory as much as i used to
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
IcyTouch
SuperGM
SuperGM
IcyTouch

Male Posts : 235

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:19 am

Okay so I first started playing when I saw 3 of my cousins all with laptops playing and ignoring me when I talk to them... So I got my laptop and downloaded GMS and played in Khaini, after 2 or so years (cant remember) 1 of my cousins discovered private servers and I really enjoyed it untill it got shut down and I couldnt find any other good private server so I rejoined GMS and played in Mardia after that I really got bored of GMS and searched for a good private server, untill I found Idyllicstory.

Back to top Go down
FriedEggs
FriedEggs

Male Posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:47 pm

So i was like 10 and when I was just hanging out in my sister's room, she always played this weird 2D game. I finally asked her "what are you playing?" and she said "maplestory" . she explained what the game was about and everything and I got convinced to start playing. My first character (keep in mind this was 2005~2006) was a mage. I got it to level 20 something which took like 3 weeks. I started to complain that it was too boring. Then i made a bandit in 2007. On my bandit, i trained really hard till i got to level 67 or 68, the ign was jpcookiemilk. Training started to be freaking hard, and it got hacked. Finally, I got introduced to private servers. I played a private server and quit it, lolz. I went back to GMS after big bang and made a lvl 102 db or 103 i forgot. IGN was DualKermit. But i quit it and found Idyllicstory a few months back. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://medonthavewebsite.com
Jenni
Forum freak
Jenni

Female Posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:48 am

Started playing gMS yeeaars ago with my neighbour, but once we got to about level 20 we went down the tower to Omega Sector and we got stuck, weren't able to get back up. So we quitted.
I joined eMS like a year after (now lived in UK), but then I got really bored of training at 85 and NX was costing me a fortune.
Back to top Go down
thanos
Donator
Donator
thanos

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:35 am

Jenni wrote:
Started playing gMS yeeaars ago with my neighbour, but once we got to about level 20 we went down the tower to Omega Sector and we got stuck, weren't able to get back up. So we quitted.
I joined eMS like a year after (now lived in UK), but then I got really bored of training at 85 and NX was costing me a fortune.

hi jeniniinini
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Forum freak
Jenni

Female Posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 pm

thanos wrote:
Jenni wrote:

hi jeniniinini
Ohemgee, Keviiiee. Why do YOU play Maplestory? Minimal-face-laughing Hello bubs x
Back to top Go down
LoveOrHate

Female Posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 pm

A person who worked at my dad's place who made a character and quit (just after 1st year anniversary in maple I think its 2006) gave me his account to play on and I found it amazing, cool and fun well from then I got addicted playing it. I made a few level 120+ in kms then I stopped and came to Ems where I made a 143 bishop and a 105 ranger and a 120 corsair then training became too tough so I stopped there. Then I started to play a private server a friend told me. It was idyllicstory. After gabe shut his server down I started to find a good server to play as there wasnt any decent servers. I went to differentstory v83 and I had like gm's there all over me o.o so I got items for free so I stayed there for a bit then I quit playing because the server shutdown and I eventually quit maple. I came back to playing idyllic because I saw that it was back up I was so happy. I quit a few times but I always returned and now I'm back and I don't think im going to quit. In Kms and Ems I think I spent like 1000 quid+ on cash Razz
Back to top Go down
Joyy
Donator
Donator
Joyy

Female Posts : 78

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:15 pm

LOL!
I played game about 6years ago when game just started! My stepbro was playing it and showed me ofcourse i fell in love with the graphics and been adicted pretty soon i was big fan of merching so yea i made mesos fast in game my highest level would be 142 bishop since new updates and stuff the class has been screwed so insetad of training i began to merch buy cheap sell for more haha, than when the chaos patch came out i totally quited leaving my char behind. Next to global ms i always played private servers so yeah i did both at same time. But now im totally focussed on idyllic! yay yay for me being lifeless mapler!
Back to top Go down
ogihcikaru
Noob
ogihcikaru

Male Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:07 pm

i first started when i saw my best friend playing i got addicted to gms got all the way to lv 70 then lving was taking way too long so i quit for about a year went back and there was way too many ks'rs and hackers so i quit and started playing on the privet servers and have been on privet servers ever since
Back to top Go down
Octo
Donator
Donator
Octo

Male Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:27 am

Its funny how everyone got into maple by someone who played the game already.
Back to top Go down
ogihcikaru
Noob
ogihcikaru

Male Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Octo wrote:
Its funny how everyone got into maple by someone who played the game already.

yea pretty much everyone i know has gotten into ms cause of a friend ive even gotten a few ppl addicted to ms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do YOU play Maplestory?   Why do YOU play Maplestory? Time210

Back to top Go down

Why do YOU play Maplestory?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IdyllicStory :: Off-Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: