IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BetterMetal's GM Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage

BetterMetal's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:27 am

Name : Kyle Leighton

Time Zone : (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Email : Theprophet90@gmail.com

IGN : BetterMetal

Why you want to be a GM : I want to be a Game Moderator for the following reason. Plain and simple? I want to help the server in any way possible. I want to make sure that players, new and old, are enjoying the server to it's fullest extent. I want to be able to help out a player who is new, that needs to get a few pointers on the server and a tour. I want to be able to help out old players, who are having reoccurring issues that need to have attention drawn to them. I want to make sure that every player is able to enjoy their time in IdyllicStory.

What you will do as a GM : As I GM I will make it my duty to have other players enjoy the game. I will try my hardest to help the players within the servers, as well as suggest new things to our coders, and the Almighty Gabe.

How you can help the server as a GM : I would help the server by watching for Hackers, as I believe that a GM isn't just for helping other players. Actually, banning hackers is something that will help other players. But know, I'm not a ban happy person. I would rather tell the hacker that if I ever notice him/her doing such acts again, that they will be banned. I just want to help people within the server to enjoy it to it's fullest potential.

How long you have played IdyllicStory : I've played for about two weeks, but just recently ( a few days ago ) made myself known to the community, due to the fact that I've been in a few servers that I've gotten to know people in, but then they close down, and I have no way to contact them in the future. I wasn't going to make friends, only to lose them a short time later.

How long you play IdyllicStory per day : I play, on average, about 4-5 hours. Sometimes I will be able to get more time in.

How long you have played GMS : Oh jeez, I've played GMS too often. I would have to say, however long ago version .55 was ago. I used to play hours on end, but once I hit level 50-ish I got bored and then got into private servers.

What makes you stand out : I enjoy helping other players just about as much as playing the game itself. It satisfies me to know that I'm making someone else happy, and I enjoy doing it.

What commands you will mainly use as a gm : As I'm a bit rusty, as you can see from my below experience, I've only GM'd in ODIN source and I'm not sure if the commands are still the same.

Experience as a GM : I've GM'd on a few servers that most people haven't heard of.. Dark-Story MS was a small server my friend over in Korea made. Yes I have friends around the world. I've also GM'd my own server.. But that didn't get very far.

Will you quit this server if your application is denied? Be honest, this won't hold against you. Ah, no way. I've been rejected before from servers. Even if I am, I plan on sticking around here until I reach the qualifications of becoming a GM.

Just a side note ~ I'm aware that I haven't really been here too long, but I've been a very active player, and plan to keep it that way. Even if I don't get chosen to become a GM, I would still continue to help other players, no matter what.

Eager to help, and learn,

Kyle

Last edited by Bettermetal on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:30 am

Wow, nice application.

I have nothing to critique. D:

I do have to wonder..

BetterMetal= Metal as in the genre of music, or as in like Iron and steel type of metal.. o-o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:12 am

Ah, I have been asked that question, it has to do with the genre of music. It's actually a partial title of a song, Better Metal Snake, by Dethklok, I have a feeling noone here will like it though xD

My favorite part of the song is when he says,

Castles lay in ruin
Carcasses ignite
Bretheren's heads on posts
But still I must fight

I conjure with my fury
A masterful decree

I will build a beast
That will conquer you
Built of metal gears
Spears to run you through

I find that so inspirational.

I'm more into techno nowadays, but the name still sticks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ehh   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:17 am

Nice app Very Happy
Colors would be better but without it, its still a good app
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:15 am

Haha I didn't really think that colors where a must; should I fix that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 am

People just get tired of reading all black, which is fine with me, but not others.

And I know that song, it makes sense now that I think about it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 am

Haha yeah I listen to that song when I need. Good inspirational ballad. Gets the spirits up. I'll change the colors tomorrow, as I am typing on my iPod right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:58 am

Wow...
This is finally another app that I didn't have to correct..
This is pretty good!
10/10
Hope you get the spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:19 am

Thanks Vincent. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:09 am

Nice Application hope you get the job Smile

Ocean/Vast~~

Last edited by Vast on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks, Vast, I really appreciate you, and anyone for that matter, to even consider reading my application.

Last edited by Bettermetal on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:01 am

10 / 10

Nice Application hope you get the job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:10 am

Thanks a bunch for the support DarrenII Smile
Back to top Go down
Lexii
Administrator
Administrator
Lexii

Female Posts : 2443

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Denied!
Inactive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idyllicstory.com/vote.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BetterMetal's GM Application   BetterMetal's GM Application Time210

Back to top Go down

BetterMetal's GM Application
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IdyllicStory :: Applications :: GM Applications :: Denied-
Jump to: