IdyllicStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IdyllicStory

A story without an end.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Forum Section.

Go down 
+2
Korg
Katie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Katie
Katie

Female Posts : 49

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 am

I think that this forum needs a SPAM topic that goes in the Off-topic section. I think it's a great idea so people can talk about random things, post 1 letter words for ideas, etc. It's like a miniature escape from the forum rules. Smile. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Korg
Donator
Donator
Korg

Male Posts : 452

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Well actually like I already said to you, I don't really like spam. Most people just do it in a stupid way to increase there posts. We already have ''General Discussion'' and other topics where you already can talk about alot different things. So I don't really think we need a special topic for that.

But you already told me a suggestion about a topic for ''Forum Games'' and I think that is a fun and good idea. Just to play some games on the forum to have some fun.
Back to top Go down
Spork
Idyllicer
Spork

Male Posts : 86

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:11 pm

Korg wrote:
Well actually like I already said to you, I don't really like spam. Most people just do it in a stupid way to increase there posts. We already have ''General Discussion'' and other topics where you already can talk about alot different things. So I don't really think we need a special topic for that.

But you already told me a suggestion about a topic for ''Forum Games'' and I think that is a fun and good idea. Just to play some games on the forum to have some fun.

Agreed! What a genius way to put it. Usually the spam places are just less of a "random" place and more of a "post until you freaking get 1000's of posts." Which, in a sense is just to increase your "activity" here.

For example : I don't post OFTEN, but I only post when I have something meaningful to say. But I DO read every single post.

And I come from many different forums, I check each one daily, and most of them do have a "forum games" and it usually gets tedious and annoying, but you can just not check them if you don't want to. Because, alternatively, it could also have potential at being a very forum-livening experience. If, that is, people have game ideas. Which I have plenty. I always kinda thought that this was more of a "spamming" community, but since you mention it may already tear apart the forum more than it already is.

Which is why most forums don't even have a chatbox, chatboxes pretty much tear apart forums. HOWEVER : This rule, imho, only applies to forums that don't go along with a server, or a game. Because this does, it only makes sense that there can be a place where you can ask live questions. We can only hope this ability is not abused any more than it is.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Male Posts : 28

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:55 am

Korg wrote:

Usually "Spam Sections" don't count as post.. I have been to many, many forum.. And they most likely have a Spam Sections where you are able to spam and it wouldn't count.. This would fall under the category of "Forum Games" because "Forum Games" shouldn't count as a post.. "Forum Games" are just place to relax and get your mind off things.. Not serious stuff like "Report Hackers" or "Ban Appeal".. But since I'm not a staff for Idyllic.. Or someone that would get in fights easily.. I can care less about these stuff.. [Not agreeing or disagreeing with the suggestion] ..
Back to top Go down
Niki
Forum freak
Niki

Male Posts : 128

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

I think this is a bad idea, because it would be a way for some people just raise their post count o-o
Back to top Go down
Korg
Donator
Donator
Korg

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Quote :
Usually "Spam Sections" don't count as post.. I have been to many, many forum.. And they most likely have a Spam Sections where you are able to spam and it wouldn't count.. This would fall under the category of "Forum Games" because "Forum Games" shouldn't count as a post.. "Forum Games" are just place to relax and get your mind off things.. Not serious stuff like "Report Hackers" or "Ban Appeal".. But since I'm not a staff for Idyllic.. Or someone that would get in fights easily.. I can care less about these stuff..

[Not agreeing or disagreeing with the suggestion]
Good idea actually. I changed my mind. I actually also think that ''Forum Games'' are a sort of spam.
Back to top Go down
Niki
Forum freak
Niki

Male Posts : 128

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm

I still don't get, that why people would wanna spam on forums anyway o-o It's like really pointless.
Back to top Go down
Korg
Donator
Donator
Korg

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Niki wrote:
I still don't get, that why people would wanna spam on forums anyway o-o It's like really pointless.

And that is why we don't need it or want it. In my opinion. :O
Back to top Go down
Katie
Katie

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Like I stated in the chat... I noticed that most of my considered "spam" is already found in the General Discussion. I think this topic is pointless seeing that no one wants it.

Please lock this topic. Smile
Back to top Go down
.Icy
Donator
Donator
.Icy

Male Posts : 75

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: RE: New section   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Good idea. But don't think they need it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katie
Katie

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Thanks... I kind of noticed. No offense to anyone but can you guys all stop necro-posting. Smile. Everyone just seems to be repeating how we don't need a Spam section. Okay. I get it. D:. But anyways... thanks for telling me that you guys don't want it. I appreciate your opinions.
Back to top Go down
.Icy
Donator
Donator
.Icy

Male Posts : 75

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: RE: New section   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Katie wrote:
Thanks... I kind of noticed. No offense to anyone but can you guys all stop necro-posting. Smile. Everyone just seems to be repeating how we don't need a Spam section. Okay. I get it. D:. But anyways... thanks for telling me that you guys don't want it. I appreciate your opinions.

Yeah. But it's ok. Constructive feedbacks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Korg
Donator
Donator
Korg

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Katie wrote:

We were also telling it to eachother. What do you think and can you convince me and that sort of things. Razz Sorry if I still posted this. Just actually to let you know that we weren't all talking to you the whole time. Just the idea.

Thanks for having respect for opinions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Forum Section. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Section.   New Forum Section. Time210

Back to top Go down

New Forum Section.
Page 1 of 1